JM decided he's excited about potty training! He's wanted nothing to do with his cool truck potty that makes cool truck noises when you pee in it, or his super cool Disney/Pixar themed underpants, until now.
Today he decided he wanted to wear the underpants.
I don't know what changed his mind, but he was really excited about it, so I put them on him, we ceremoniously threw away his pull-up (chanting no more diapers! Yay!) and I told him not to pee in them. (wishful thinking, I know. But a little threat never hurt anybody...) And we brought his potty into the living room.
He spent the next hour telling me he'd peed, which he hadn't, sitting on his potty for a few seconds, and then changing into different underpants.
Then I heard it...the sound his potty makes when you pee in it!
He did it!
I gave him a sticker to put on his potty chart, which got him so excited he was dancing around the living room. =)
I hope he sticks with it!

"Look at these cool underpants!"
UPDATE:
He's been using the potty consistently over the last few hours! The only accidents have been poop...that's the frustrating part, I guess.

1 comment:
Hooray! Great job Michael!
Post a Comment